As an independent and family-run business, here at Nicholson Eyecare in Bransgore, we have always been committed to giving our patients bespoke, family-friendly services and products in a non-pressurised environment.
Our practice was established by Stephen Nicholson in 1994 above Elizabeth’s bakery, and then moved to our current location in 2000, rapidly becoming an integral part of the local community and allowing us to create long-standing patient relationships.
Stephen has since retired and left the ownership of Nicholson Eyecare in the very capable hands of his daughter, Clare Dorkins.
As a small, independent practice, our team is a close-knit one.
- Clare Dorkins is not only our practice owner but is also our main optometrist. She worked for a multiple-practice optician for 19 years and decided to take over Nicholson Eyecare in 2019, as she wanted to be able to provide patients with a highly unique and personalised service and products that were in their best interests.
- Juliet Robbins is our practice manager and a Gold Level trained optical assistant with around 12 years experience.
- June Lines is our receptionist and administrator, with around 4 years’ experience in this role. She is also a Bronze trained optical assistant.
- Andrea Roberts is the latest addition to our team, starting in September 2021 as our senior, Gold trained optical assistant. She has joined us with around 5 years of previous experience in this role.
Part of offering a personalised service means taking our time with every patient, so we’ll never rush you during your visit. Our adult eye examinations take around an hour, while our children’s eye exams can take up to 30 minutes, giving us plenty of time to carry out all the necessary assessments.
Our services include:
- Eye examinations (private and NHS)
- Children’s eyecare
- Dorset glaucoma screening service
- Post-cataract assessments
- SOFT Contact lens fitting and aftercare
We’re always researching the latest technology, as keeping our equipment up to date is an essential part of delivering the highest standard of eyecare and products to our patients.
Most recently, we’ve invested in a new computer system as well as updating our sight testing equipment. We will also be installing an OCT in the near future, which is one of the most advanced devices for scanning the back of your eyes.
Frames and contact lenses
Our technology isn’t the only thing that’s had an update – we also regularly spent time modernising our frame collections and displays.
So, whether you’re looking for designer frames from popular brands, more exclusive eyewear that can’t be found on the high street, or classic bestsellers, we’ll be sure to have something for you. We also offer designer sunglasses, children’s frames, and prescription sports sunglasses.
We want to make high quality, stylish eyewear affordable to you, which is why we offer a complete range of frames and lenses starting from just £59, or free with a valid NHS voucher.
We’ve also updated our contact lenses after researching the latest technology available and are now able to offer myopia control management to help slow the progression of short-sightedness in children.
Get in touch with our friendly team to find out more or to get advice about your eyecare today – we look forward to speaking to you!